An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Things that go ouch in the night

I still check on my boys at least once during the night . . . a loving gesture, to be sure, since every time I do so I risk life and limb.

Last week, I stepped barefoot on a matchbox fire truck complete with a sharp ladder and a small siren. ("Ow!")

Many times I have stepped on a lego . . . or a lego structure. (Crash!!! "Ouch! . . . Ouch!")

Once it was a marble on the arch of my foot. ("Gee Whiz! How can something so tiny and smooth hurt so much???!!!")

But last night I felt safe because the boys had picked up before bedtime. Unfortunately, I had been so used to walking around things on the floor that I became disoriented and stubbed my toe on the bedpost. (I will not post those comments.)

Tonight I'll get my husband to check on the boys.

1 comment:

:o) mg said...

mmm... yes, matchbox cars are the worst! Especially the 'heavy yellow equipment' series.