An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, October 4, 2007

The West Wind

The west wind has been blowing through our home. You know, the west wind, as in:

Me: "Sweetie, please roll the trash can down the driveway."
Son: "SIGH!"

And that sigh, so exaggerated, so full of preteen angst, so weighed down with the burdens of the world, is what we call in our home . . . THE WEST WIND.

The other day it was blowing more than usual, and in exasperation I finally asked, "Excuse me, is that the west wind I hear?"

After a moment of panicked silence, I hear, "Uh, no, it's just a little breeze blowing in from the southeast."

Hmmmm. Too smart for his own good.

4 comments:

PAOLA said...

Maria, tu sei sempre troppo "gentile ed educata"!! A casa mia il "sigh" è così rumoroso che si può scambiare per una "pentola di fagioli sul fuoco"!!

:o) mg said...

Well, if you add my #1's rolling eyes, you could have tumbleweeds with those winds!

Laura said...

I love it! Tumbleweeds and west winds. My 4-year-old has already mastered both!

Anonymous said...

Nonno says that you all have too much free time!!