An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, November 5, 2007

Music to my ears

Last night the downstairs baby monitor was on while my husband was getting our three year old ready for bed. I stopped cleaning the kitchen to listen. It wasn't so much what they were saying as it was the sound of their voices: the deep voice of my husband's intermingled with the sweet voice of my toddler's. I wanted to bottle that moment.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, I know! Watching and listening to my husband and my son together is one of life's greatest joys.

:o) mg said...

What I love is how teeny tiny the voices of my kids sound on the other end of the phone ..when I am out shopping or something and call home to ask my hubby something mundane like "Do we need butter?"