An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Short and Sweet (to prevent boredom!)

Lisa (one of my favorite bloggers) tagged me a while back for a meme of 8 random facts, and I thought I'd challenge myself (and spare you because, really, I'm not that interesting) by listing them in short, concise sentences. So, here goes...

  1. I love to cook, but hate to bake.
  2. I speak three languages: English, Italian, and Spanish.
  3. My husband and I met at a church spaghetti supper.
  4. When we say the rosary as a family, we always say one decade in Italian in honor of my Nonna.
  5. In my first year as a student teacher one of the students asked me to the prom. (Ick!)
  6. My husband sent me and a friend to Rome, Italy for my 40th birthday while he stayed home to babysit.
  7. The perfect meal for me? Crusty bread, fresh tomatoes, a chunk of cheese, some red wine.
  8. I cried when I saw the Sistine Chapel. Tissue anyone?

I'm supposed to now tag others, so, if you're reading this...

14 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry I just did one, but I sure enjoyed reading yours! You sound like a true Italian! I love to eat stewed tomatoes with Italian bread, and the red wine. Sounds like you! Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

I love that you say a decade in Italian in honor of your Nonna. So neat. I'll take that crusty bread, tomatoes, cheese and wine any day, too!

GrandmaK said...

I am blessed with 5 children and so when I say the rosary I can say offer a decade for each child and his or her family.

I would have wept if I had seen the Sistine Chapel as well. There are many churches that have made me weep in their beauty, especially The National Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in DC. In particular the Crypt Church.

God Bless and Good Day! Cathy

Maria said...

Oh, and hope you don't mind, but you're tagged again!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Always fun to read these! Wanted to wish you a wonderful, prosperous, safe and healthy New Year! Here is to a fabulous 2008!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

That husband of yours is a keeper! Mine would never send me to Italy while he stayed home.

Happy New Year!

SuzyQ said...

How lovely to "meet" you Bia:0)
What a beautiful blog you have!
I'm definatly with you on your favourite meal! My husband is meditarenean so we eat this way almost every day! I never get tired of it:0)
I would love to see the Sistine Chapel it's one of my dreams, that and the pieta in Florence and Giotto's frescos in Padua. It's always been my dream to tour Italy it's such a beautiful country.
Blessings and peace to you this New Year.
Suzy

Kellan said...

Three languages is very impressive - I can barely speak English when I need it. See ya. Kellan

Leanne said...

I don't do Meme's but I enjoyed reading yours. Actually because yours is so short and readable - is that a word? I might change my mind....

onthegomom said...

WOW, 3 languages! That is awesome.

I could live on your favorite meal... YUMMMMMMY!

And kudos to your hubby, what a wonderful gift!

Happy New Year!

Bia said...

grandmak- thanks for visiting. how blessed you are with five children. We haven't seen the National Cathedral in Washington D.C. yet, but my husband and I are planning on taking the boys there this summer. God bless.

SuzyQ- when we were living in italy we went on a field trip Ravena to see Giotto's frescoes...i still remember their beauty. thank you so much for stopping by!

Bia said...

suzyq- oops! i meant the mosaics in Ravenna and Giotto in Padua!

Anonymous said...

Bia, your Dad says to get your brain in gear before you let your fingers move. I can't believe you got mosaics and frescos mixed up!
P.S. what is a meme?

Michele said...

That is so great that you speak three languages!

You are such a lucky duck to go to Rome and have hubby babysit. I will have to give my husband a guilt trip cause he says guys like that don't exsist...lol :)