An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Only on vacation . . .

Most Frightening Quote:
"I'm going to do that at home!"
My toddler, after watching the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular complete with car crashes, sword fights, shooting, fire, and explosions. My husband and I made a mental note to get rid of all matches and anything remotely flammable once we returned home.


Funniest Moment:

The look on my mother's face when the waitress called her the "heavy drinker of the family" and gave her a special glass after she had finished her Diet Coke 30 seconds after being served.

The "Hard-Headiest" Moment

When his two older brothers were trying on sneakers, our toddler found a pair HE liked, and that HE wanted, and that he INSISTED fit him perfectly. They were nice shoes . . . but a SIZE 20!!!!

The Quote Resulting in the Biggest Group Cringe:

"If I go a whole bunch of poopy in the potty chair can you buy me this train?"
(The answer was a resounding no and a quick retreat out the door.)



Most Tempting Question:

"Can we throw away the key and run real fast?"
(A shared thought with my husband!)

The Most Memorable Moment:

Visiting the Kennedy Space Center and having lunch with Jack Lousma, an astronaut who flew two missions into space and was part of the astronaut support crew for the Apollo 13 mission (remember the movie with Tom Hanks?).


7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for sharing all the vacation moments, it looks like you had so much fun!

:o) mg said...

mm... Harrison Ford, the young Indiana Jones.... my quote might be the same as your toddlers!!! (muah ha ha ha)

onthegomom said...

HA... I loved the running and throwing away the key picture... so very cute!!!

Lisa said...

LOL! LOVE the shoes your little guy picked out. Look out! That could be a prophetic size choice! &:o))

Corrine said...

I loved this post. Love the shoes, and I think if someone goes poops on the potty they deserve a huge train like that!

Corrine said...

oh and I just love the special glass your mom got!

Holly said...

What fun! I love seeing the pictures of your boys. Your family is beautiful!!