An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Perfecting the Art of Procrastination

Before heading out of town tomorrow, and as a way of procrastinating (see below) so I don't have to face the mountain of clothes I need to fold before packing them into the suitcase, I thought I'd do one more meme, compliments of Soutenus.

What I was doing 10 years ago:
Having our house built and trying to pick out everything from the brick to the light fixtures to the refrigerator while juggling an infant and a two-year-old.

Five things on my To Do List today:
Since we're leaving for Florida tomorrow, everything has to do with packing:
-finish laundry
-figure out a quick dinner to keep mess to a minimum (is it okay to have cereal for dinner?)
-email my brother and sister
-do this quick post
-pack car toys so this won't happen again

now, multiply this to-do list times 100 and you can see why I AM PANICKING!

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
-buy a villa in Tuscany for the use of our entire family
-donate big chunk to the Communita' Regina Pacis in memory of Sandro
-send my boys to a Catholic College

Three of my bad habits: (whew! only three)
-procrastination (but in my defense, I always get things done on time and I'm never late!)
-getting impatient with slow drivers
-forgetting to write things on the calendar; forgetting to check the calendar

Five places I have lived:
-Vicenza, Italy
-Nurnberg, Germany
-Darmstadt, Germany
-Augusta, Georgia
-Santa Fe, New Mexico

Five jobs I’ve had:
-children's librarian
-high school English teacher
-high school Spanish teacher
-babysitter extraordinaire
-night clerk in my college dorm

Now I'm supposed to tag five people, but since I am in a serious time crunch and hyper-linking takes time, consider yourself tagged if you'd like to participate (I always like to read about other people's bad habits).

Okay . . . I'm done procrastinating. I really do need to go and pack, etc. God bless!

14 comments:

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Hey - a neighbor's son just got a full 4-year ROTC scholarship at Notre Dame. Just steer your boys towards engineering...

Soutenus said...

Thanks for playing AND thanks for the comment over at my blog!
Safe and happy travels to you!
I read the post you linked to and laughed so hard I almost cried.
8 hours to Grandmom and Grandpa?? Ouch.
Again -- safe and happy travels to you!

Bia said...

Soutenus,
And since driving to Orlando involves yet another 8 hour drive, you can see why we are just a tad worried!

michele said...

I am always in a panick when I pack for a trip! No matter how much you plan, there are always a bajillion things to do that you didn't think of.

I read your post about your last trip, my toddler never keeps her socks and shoes on in the car! Now I know why sometimes you see baby shoes on the side of the road....they are thrown out the window!

Have a great trip!

Lisa said...

God go with you, Bia! "See" you when you get home! &:o)

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Drive safe and have a great time!

Holly said...

Have a great time!!!

I'd buy a villa in Tuscany too. I get impatient with slow drivers and people who don't understand how 4 way stops and roundabouts actually work.

GrandmaK said...

When I did this I must have missed the "To do list"...It's just as well! I don't have a list and if I did, would have lost it by now or it would have been completely ignored. Have a grand adventure!!! Cathy

Maria said...

I just did this one today. A big difference between us... I've only lived in one city.

Corrine said...

I too am so horrible with calendars! hope your trip to Florida was safe and fun!

Kathryn said...

I hope your enjoying your vacation!!!

LaDonnaMobile said...

On crazy days, I have often let my children eat cereal for dinner; a heck of a lot healthier than a fast food kids' meal! :)

E said...

I really enjoy your blog and liked getting to know you better in this one.
Hope your trip is lots of fun and that it brings us back at least a couple of fun stories....

Aparelho de DVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.