An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, July 28, 2008

Mangia Ancora Pollo! (Eat More Chicken!)

Dear Chick-fil-A,

I wanted to begin this week by thanking you for three things: one, for offering healthy fare; two, for being closed on Sundays (a noble thing to do in today's business world); and three, for the great toys you offer in your kids' meals.

Case in point, the language cd's that came out earlier this summer.

We have the Italian cd, and this weekend while my sons and I primed and painted five bookcases, we listened to that cd over and over again.

Oh, at first my sons complained (they wanted something more "fun"), but after a while they began repeating buon giorno, andiamo, and il ufficio postale. And while I already speak the language, it was fun repeating the key phrases with my sons who don't.

Even my four year old got into the action, providing us with a good laugh. He recognized words such as pasta and ciao, but when they asked "Where is a good place to eat?" (Dove si mangia bene?), before they provided the Italian translation he answered out loud, "At Nonna's house."

So, grazie for providing educational entertainment for our family.

Sincerely,
Bia, la dolce vita mom

9 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

That is perfection! How have we not gotten the CD prize? (We do have some wonderful paperback versions of Doreen Cronin books they've bestowed in recent weeks...) Time for a Fast Food Friday foray later this week!

Ciao, Bella!

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

How did I miss those? Do they still have them?

GrandmaK said...

Amazing...do you think I could get a kids meal? Why do the kids only get the GOOD things!!! Cathy

Lisa said...

I've always admired Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby for honoring the Lord's Day! But, alas, we haven't got one of the restaurants anywhere near us (and have to travel quite a ways for a Hobby Lobby, too!). What a wonderful kids' meal prize, though! Makes me want to go out on a hunt for a Chick-Fil-A next time we're in the city for sure!

SuzyQ said...

Yep Nonna's house is always best for the best food. lol :0)

By the way I'm having a giveaway over at my place. Feel free to come over and take a look.

Blessings
Suzy

Kathryn said...

This is just the excuse I needed to head to Chic-fil-a for lunch!

Bia said...

Suburban...They came out earlier this summer. I actually had a hard time finding the Italian one (they had plenty of the Russian cd's!) but a friend located one for me.

Karen said...

Chic-Fil-A rocks in my book. I read an article about them a while back and was even more impressed with their no-Sunday ethics.

Shellie said...

I want one of those! I guess I'll have to go eat chick fil a. I had no idea they had anything like that.