An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dark Chocolate, Kisses, and...George Burns (?!)

My friend Laura has invited me to share with the entire blogging community six quirky traits...well, hold on to your hats. To start off the quirkiness I'm going to forgo the list and do a top six countdown to my #1 quirkiest trait.

6. No dark chocolate for me...only milk chocolate.

5. I've never purchased a Lottery ticket.

4. I can't eat a sandwich if I don't have potato chips to go with it.

3. Unmade beds drive me crazy. We make our beds every morning, and if for some weird reason it doesn't get done, that night I will totally make it before getting into bed.

2. When I kiss my boys on the cheek I just can't kiss them once. I have to give them two or three kisses, one right after another. Being boys they don't like it. But I can't help myself. It's written in my genes...my Nonna used to do the same thing.

1. My #1 quirky trait? I have the most fantastic, vivid dreams. For example, last night I had a dream that I was at a picnic held in a giant field. Everyone was sitting on blankets, but for some reason I was walking somewhere. Suddenly, George Burns steps in front of me, says that he's been looking for someone to dance with, and then starts dancing and twirling me around the field while everyone claps. Now, you would think that with it being a dream I could have my pick of dance partners like...oh, I don't know...MATT DAMON or MR. DARCY. But no, I had to dance with George Burns who I'm not even sure is still alive. (Maybe my dream made a mistake and got the wrong George...it's George Clooney, silly me. Not George Burns!) Well, to make it even more strange, George was wearing a white glove and I remember thinking (in my dream): I am dancing with George Burns who is channeling Michael Jackson.

Believe me, I couldn't make this stuff up. Just ask my husband...he's used to it. This morning when I asked him if he wanted to hear my dream about George Burns it didn't even phase him.

Now, consider yourself tagged.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Bia-
I am the same with the dream thing.
Why do we have this and other people don't remember their dreams?
It's intriguing don't you think?
- I love that you have to have the beds made
- I stick potato chips IN my sandwiches (if I have them)

Fun post.

Cheryl Lage said...

Hey Bia, I'm with you on the beds made scenario...even make 'em in hotels. The rest of the house...squallor, but the beds are made.

George Burns DID play God in that movie...I like the implications of dancing with The Big Man VERY much...Michael Jackson, not so much...

Bia said...

OH MY GOSH, Cheryl!!! I didn't even think of that...I was dancing with God?!

And one of my favorite hymns is "I danced in the Morning" AKA "Lord of the Dance".

:o) mg said...

Maybe it WAS God. And maybe it had nothing to do with Michael Jackson. Maybe he was giving you the white glove test. As in: IS IT TIME TO DUST?

LOL
Just kidding. I've seen your house, and there IS no dust to be found anywhere.
xoxo

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

I cannot even function without having the beds made first.

Lisa said...

OK, I'm totally with you on the bed making! I can't relax or do anything else until all beds in my sight are made. I do love chips with a sandwich, but can go chipless ~ in a pinch. And I like milk chocolate, but I gotta differ with you on the dark chocolate ~ love it, love it! I only purchased a lottery ticket once and it was for my favorite priest, who asked me to go get one for him, because, "Ya just never know, Lis, the good God may just want to give you the pleasure of bringing me back a winning lottery ticket!" (Unfortunately, God didn't have that in mind that day....)
And the kissing thing ~ I don't have a smidge of Italian in me, but I can't resist doing that myself, especially with the little pudgy baby cheeks.

But,I very seldom remember my dreams and I wish I did! Are yours always this entertaining? I LOVE it! George Burns, of all people? &:o) What do YOU think it means? Anything? I think you should have a regular post about your dreams and let us all chime in on what we think the deep meanings are. That'd be fun!