An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How to Clear out a Room

We had a weekend in which the boys played football, watched football, and talked football . . . way too much testosterone, in my humble opinion. So when they settle on the couch to watch a little Monday night football before bed, I knew what to do.

"Tonight,I get the t.v.," I announce. "And I'm watching Dancing with the Stars."

WHOOSH!

It only takes three seconds, and I am completely and totally alone. Wearing my comfy pj's I stretch out on the couch and sigh contentedly. There's not a testosterone anything in sight.

12 comments:

Karen said...

HOW do you manage to get your own TV time just for the asking - on Monday night during football season?!

Kim H. said...

Girlfriend, I SO HEAR YOU! After a weekend of football, I'm ready for some mindless HGTV or Lifetime for women! :)

One advantage to hubs being gone in the evening is that I can watch what I want just because I CAN! :)

Therese said...

I love that! I'll have to try it!

Laura said...

I can clear a room when I turn the channel to LIFETIME.
Hee hee

Chen,Shun-Chuan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl Lage said...

Is it too confessional to admit that with a title involving "clearing a room" my first thought was some variety of gaseous expellation?

Like your version much better!

GrandmaK said...

This was just too funny. Good for you! Have a grand day. Cathy

Nancy said...

LOL I had similar thoughts as Cheryl. *grin*

But ... NICE!!!!! You go girl :D

Lisa said...

Ha! Too funny! I love this creative thinking ~ and I love the cheshire cat up there... &:o)

Bia said...

DID I GET BLOG SPAMMED?

E said...

Wow..blog spam to the tenth power.

Burt before I saw that I just wanted to say I'm coming over at nine

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

My husband loves chick flicks more than I do, but neither of us can get into DWTS.

I get blog spammed all the time, but blogger is going a good job catching the spam!

Maybe this means we have arrived?