An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Before I Go...

I am leaving tomorrow with my sister for a repeat of our weekend getaway of last year. Before I go, I'd like to share with you this fun, easy project. See the image below? It was made from photographs. I first did this when I was scrapbooking, and the result was pretty enough to frame. Here's how:
  1. Take a favorite photo and have several copies made (this was a photo taken of a fresco painted on a wall in an Italian Monastery).
  2. Place one photo in the middle of a piece of heavy paper.
  3. Cut the extra copies of the photo into shards...arrange them around the main photo so that the edges are straight.
  4. There. Instant mosaic...and when it's framed the sheen of the photo shards does make it look like pieces of tile.

Here's another example, except that I made several copies of a different photo (rose bushes) to use for the mosaic pieces.


And now, I'm off. Last year when my sister and I came back from our weekend getaway I had complete and total laryngitis...go figure. Ciao! Ciao!

10 comments:

Kim H. said...

Oh Bia, have SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm jealous. In my madness to get the house ready to go up for sale, scrapbooking has been put in a box way in the back of the closet. But when I get it out, I'm SO going to use your mosaic idea. Just lovely.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Laura said...

I love this Bia...oh you. You and your cute little house and now this?

When will the madness end?

:)

Have a terrific time.

SuzyQ said...

What a cool idea!
How creative and I love the second photo.
Have a great time away.
Blessings ~

GrandmaK said...

What a great idea! Will have to try it!

Have a grand time with Sis! Have cancel this year's Girls Weekend Out as Marianne is being married the 18th. 'twill be grand and will pick up where we left off next year!

Kathryn said...

You have the loveliest ideas!

Have a wonderful time on your weekend away!

Lisa said...

Love this! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! &:o)

:o) mg said...

This is very cool. I think you need to get involved with Crafty Moms for the Christmas Bazaar with that idea. Muah ha ha ha
Plus, think of all the free time you have now.
;o)
I am doing exactly the same thing (weekend getaway) with my mom and sis in 2 weeks. That time can't come fast enough. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Hope you have way too much fun.

Darla said...

LUCKY!!! And what a great and pretty idea with the pictures. I want to try it sometime.

Have a great weekend!

Darla said...

Btw, I have a meme (if you're up to it) and an award for you over at my blog.

Soutenus said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!