An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Moanday on a Thursday

Yesterday Laura was thinking about dedicating a day of the week to gratitude. She was going to call it

...until she discovered that someone had already coined that phrase. So she started thinking up other weekday topics and happened to mention Moanday. I commented that I needed a Moanday and look...she gave me one!!

Now comes the moaning part:

We have a computer virus.
I forgot about early dismissal; my boys were sent to after school care.
My boys were not happy with me.
Our computer only works for two minutes; then the popups come.
Our little one has a cold.
My oldest has a cold.
I had to take three 8th graders to soup kitchen...with the little one.
I now have 11 article assignments; I can't access my files.
My back hurts...am I getting the cold?
I'm getting the cold.
Asked Laura to re-send the Moanday button because my computer ate it.
Just realized I have neck wrinkles.
Our microwave has been burning the popcorn lately.

There. I feel better already. Now I'm ready for Gratituesday...first just let me go pop some popcorn.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I've got something over on my blog for you...maybe it will take your MOANDAY blues away ;)

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

I still remember the day I first noticed the neck wrinkles. It was a very, very bad day indeed.

Laura said...

I remember thinking it was temporary. Isn't it stinko when you you smell the buttered popcorn smells....you get your beverage ready...you wait and wait, listening for the pops to end and then?
You take it out....what do you see?
Little black and brown popcorn.
Kills the mood.



Credit to button-maker....
And anyone who would like to have buttons made for them can email Mary at (Isabellascloset@aol.com) She's not very expensive and she's super fast.

GrandmaK said...

Absolutely captivating...I had a Moanday yesterday too, but didn't think to share it! Great idea! Cathy

Lisa said...

LOL! Laughing and commiserating and sending sympathy! (Neck wrinkles are one good reason to like winter... Turtlenecks! A gratituesday possiblity, eh?)

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh the neck wrinkles. I remember my Mamaw bemoaning (beMoanday-ing?) her "crepe-y" neck.

Thanks, Genetics. :(

See you Moanday...maybe redeemed on Gratituesday!

Cheryl Lage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.