An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Space Alien...that's me!

Have you ever said something you thought was funny that no one else found amusing? It's a weird feeling...like you're a space alien,or something.

That happened to me today. Since we are still having major computer problems we decided to call (cue drum roll) The Computer Doctor.

He was somber, abrupt, and mentally rolled his eyes (really, I could see him)every time he asked me a question about our computer and I would have to say, "Uh, hold on a sec while I call my husband." He probably thought I was totally ignorant about computers...which I am, but that's besides the point.

Finally, I smiled and said, "You're name is Dave? I have a brother named Dave and he's a doctor, too...only he works on humans."

The Computer Doctor just looked at me. That's it...just a look.

It was weird, I tell you.

See the antennae sprouting out the top of my head?


(postscript: Now here, in this very spot, I was going to place a cute alien cartoon, but my husband threatened to throw the computer away if I downloaded anything unofficial. Someone is grumpy around here...especially since The Computer Doctor couldn't fix the problem.)

7 comments:

Kim H. said...

Ouch! I got the visual even without the downloaded alien. :)

And it sounds like the computer doctor was a stick-in-the-mud. I would have totally busted up!

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

I don't think techies are especially known for their goofy senses of humor...

GrandmaK said...

I think in computer science people the gene for humor somehow got mutated. They usually tell jokes I don't get...

Hey, the jokes on me...I "scheduled" my award post and failed to realize that if you tell people about it and then it's not posted 'til a time the next day they might miss it...It's now up and running on my blog...Sorry! Can't schedule something like this and then notify before hand! DUH!! (I have a gene mutation tool) Cathy

Nikki said...

I don't think you need the antennae... I chuckled. It seems to me the good doctor needs them. I hope you get things fixed soon, I hate computer trouble.

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

I'd be happy to place an alien on my blog for you if you'd like (I love to download all things unofficial and dangerous.)
I am always saying things that I think are hilarious and having people (OK, usually my teenage sons) look at me weird.
It's a way of life. You'll get used to it. :)

Lisa said...

OH, I know, I hate that! I can't ever decide whether I should be humble and accept that I am just a big doofus, or be catty and assume the other person has a broken funny bone...

Condolences on the sick computer! There's got to be a cure out there somewhere!

Laura said...

Saying things people dont' think are funny?

Story of my life...except my husband laughs.