An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, January 12, 2009

conversing with myself (i.e. not listening to myself)

Bia, you have 30 minutes to get dinner ready...you know how you are and you'd better not turn on HGTV.

I'm just going to see what project they're doing.

Consider yourself warned...

Oh. They're remodeling the family room. That's what we need to do. Let me see what ideas they have.

You really don't have time to watch this.

I'm just going to watch until the next commercial.

You need to defrost the chicken.

I'll just microwave it. How are they going to make that color work?! I don't see how that's going to work.

You really need to go start dinner.

The BIG REVEAL is next. That's it, I have to see how it turns out.

You have five minutes...


10 MINUTES LATER:

Papa Johns Pizza? I'd like to place an order . . . delivery, please.

13 comments:

Soutenus said...

LOL!! ditto here!

Cheryl Lage said...

You are my sister! If not HGTV as the distraction, it's the computer, or the latest magazine to arrive....

At least if we are ordering PapaJohn's we're feeding the economy in addition to our children. (That's my rationale, and I'm sticking with it!)

Kim H. said...

This has been my life since hubby left in October. And that HGTV...it's so easy to get sucked in to the dark side.

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

That's like me with blogging. "I just have to check my comments..."

GrandmaK said...

Well...I guess we're all i the same boat with only ONE oar! OOPS! Cathy

Kathryn said...

LOL!

Karen said...

I love reading you. It makes me feel so much more normal.

Amy Jo said...

So cute! I do this with Facebook...I just have to walk away or we would be eating pizza or Chinese food all the time!

E said...

But think how cheerful you were during dinner.
We live in the middle of the mountains and there is no Papa Johns or anything else to call. I maybe miss takeout about the city most of all

Lisa said...

I'm in E's boat ~ no delivery here. We fall back on "popcorn and cheese night"! Woohoo!

Is it just me, or does HGTV have a particular draw in the long days between Christmas and Easter? I don't give a hoot about the big reveals between June and January... But right now ~ OH YEAH, Gotta know! How WILL that taupe paint look with that white trim moulding?

Melissa said...

Oh, I can SO relate! HGTV is the devil!

rn terri said...

Dinner delivery- I love it. I'm with you on this one!

Holly said...

LOL!!! I have Papa John's bookmarked on my computer and we order from them far too often!