An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I just want to know . . .

Why is it that I won't get up early Saturday morning to work out, but mention a yard sale and I am up at the crack of dawn?

Why do dust bunnies collect on each and every step leading upstairs? Do they breed?

Why do I throw a load of clothes in the wash, forget to put them into the dryer, and then don't realize it until someone mentions they don't have any underwear or socks . . . two minutes before we have to leave for church?

How come the minute I congratulate myself on losing a few pounds, my Mom brings over some leftover cannoli that she made for the Italian American Club Pasta Festival? And how come I am the only one in the family who likes them?

How is it that I get inspired to make some pane toscano from scratch, and when I have all the ingredients lined up I realize I am out of olive oil? What Italian runs out of olive oil?

Why am I watching the Oscars when I haven't seen a single nominated movie?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

If you find out any of these, please let me know, ok?

(How can anyone not like Canoli?? Gee, Bia, if I lived closer, I'd be happy to come over and share the calories with ya... It'd be an act of mercy. Really. &;o))

Laura said...

Even I dont run out of olive oil, Bia.....are you SURE you're Italian? :)
The losing weight thing? I lose 10 pounds then start playing a little game....will it stay off if I eat this? What about this? This?
and this?
Yeesh.
This was a funny post.

GrandmaK said...

Don't know about you, but I thought this was the way things are supposed to be. I have and do all of the above...except get to eat your mother's cannoli. Haven't seen any of the movies, laundry left in the washer, nearly always short one ingredient for my favorite recipe. Whew! I feel normal! Thanks!! Cathy

:o) mg said...

While I don't have the answer to any of your questions, if you ever need help polishing off a cannoli, just say the word, k?