An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Way Back When-esday

Call me a copycat. I saw Laura's old school photo and just had to post mine: Miss Rosnow's kindergarten class in Darmstadt, Germany. (Both photos are from the same time period . . . oh, those 70's colors! But, isn't it peculiar that our teachers look very similar?)

I am the tall girl in the middle row with the red tie (HUH?!). My best friend, Sissy, is the cute one with pony tails. The only other person I remember is the redhead boy on the last row . . . his name was Eric Butterball (and no, there is nothing wrong with my memory; that so was his name).

My one and only distinct kindergarten memory is of throwing up in the hallway outside the principal's office. Niiiiiice.

Check out Laura and Cheryl for some more Way Back When-esday fun.

13 comments:

Laura said...

I think you had a crush on Eric Butterball.

Cheryl Lage said...

That is AWESOME, Bia! (Not throwing up outside the principal's office, but the picture.) Adding more oddness, my first grade teacher, Mrs. Hagman, from my memories looked MUCH like both Miss Rosnow and Laura's Mrs. Spence. What's up with that?

So happy you're playing along with Way Back When-esday, Bia! (Adding your name and link to the queue!)

Lisa said...

AW! You were so cute! How fun seeing these!

Tiziana said...

Quando ho aperto il tuo blog oggi pomeriggio, ho avuto un colpo al cuore. Sono tornata indietro di colpo a quegli anni. Ho dei ricordi bellissimi di voi fratelli.
Eravate (e siete) tutti e re meravigliosi. Mi ricordo perfettamente di come eri, del tuo visino, del vestito che indossavi e del tuo magnifico sorriso.
Che bello aver rivisto questa foto.

cat said...

Oh gosh yes, those clothes! And great to see these old pictuers - I'll have to dip into my archives.

Kathryn said...

Great picture. My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. White. All my Sunday school teachers had been Ms. Sandy, or Ms. Ellen, first names..so I was completely stumped as to why anyone would name their daughter White...it took me all year to catch on!

Debbie said...

I saw Laura's photo and loved it too! Yours is just as cute.

GrandmaK said...

I won't repeat my story here...you can see it at Laura's place...This was grand! Cathy

Kim H. said...

I LOVE IT! and I noticed you right away - man, you were tall! :)

And poor Eric Butterball - unless he is the heir to the Butterball fortune - then I don't feel so bad for him.

Kim H. said...

I LOVE IT! and I noticed you right away - man, you were tall! :)

And poor Eric Butterball - unless he is the heir to the Butterball fortune - then I don't feel so bad for him.

Amy Jo said...

I love the picture!! What is up with the kid's pants on the front row last to the end...did we ever wear pants like that?!? Oh my!

Maybe if I feel brave next week, I will play Way Back Whensday...we will see what the archives hold that I have selectively blocked out! :)

Anonymous said...

Bis, your memory is bad...His name was Butterbaugh. Love, Dad

Bia said...

NO WAY!!! I ALWAYS said Butterball . . . and no one EVER corrected me. . . all these years and nothing.

ARE YOU PLAYING WITH MY MIND???