An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, February 1, 2009

What's a Girl to Do...

...when the men in her life are watching the Superbowl?

announce she's cheering for the Steelers when everyone else is going for the Cardinals

set up a card table and work on a 500 piece puzzle

watch the commercials

bring out some snacks

put the little one to bed

watch some more commercials

finish the boarder of the 500 piece puzzle

watch the halftime show (Bruce Springsteen: Sigh.)

after halftime ask, "What's the score?" and pretend not to understand why everyone is grumpy

make herself a steaming cup of tea

call her sister

and as everyone heads quietly up to bed refrain from asking, "So, who won?"



7 comments:

Tiziana said...

Cara Maria, io avrei guardato molto volentieri la partita.

Laura said...

I was visiting my dad...then I came home and ate cookies while trying to catch up on computer stuff.
Didn't care much about the game this year.

Debbie said...

That would probably sum up most women's days yesterday!

Lisa said...

We both did and didn't care about the game. Arizona is our neighbor and we like those folks over there; Pennsylvania is where my husband's family comes from, so the gang was rooting for both teams.
But, I stole a plate of chips and dip and hid in my room watching Ghost Hunters and making plans for the week. Suited me just fine.

Kim H. said...

I love it! Girl, you should have called me - we could have gabbed for hours! :)

Hugs!

Amy Jo said...

I'm with you...I could not care less...I did watch Bruce on the halftime show though! :)

E said...

Bwahahaha