An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, March 2, 2009

Butterfly Kisses Make My Monday

Our four-year-old has been very generous with his affection lately. When I am working on the laptop, or reading, or in the kitchen cooking he wraps his arms around my neck and gives me a series of very sweet butterfly kisses on my cheek.

Yesterday we had this conversation:

Timothy: I'm going to kiss you. (and he does)

Me: Thank you so much! Now, how about Daddy?

Timothy: No, I can't kiss him . . . he's not a girl.

Me: Hmmm. How about Nicholas and Jonathan?

Timothy: No . . . they're not girls either.

There is a pause.

Timothy: Nope, you're the only girl in the house so you get all my kisses.

And that's what Makes My Monday . . . . kisses all for me.

(Now, go visit Cheryl for some more Makes My Monday fun.)

9 comments:

Laura said...

That would make my Monday too.

Tiziana said...

Ma perchè i bambini crescono e diventano adolescenti?
Sono così belli, innocenti, cari, sinceri tutti i giorni della settimana.
Goditi il tuo piccolino e dagli un bacione per me (posso perchè sono una ragazza).

Emily said...

Aww, soo sweet! That would absolutely make my Monday! -e

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

My Susie is very kiss-y lately, also. So sweet, especially when it is the youngest child...

Kim H. said...

What a babydoll!!! I love butterfly kisses -- and I'll take them every day of the week! :)

Anonymous said...

I was so glad that my little Timothy recognized that a NONNA is also a girl last Saturday and he gave me a couple of those sweet kisses! SMACK
NONNA

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh I LOVE him! (If he needs to sahre some kisses with another girl, he's welcome to come visit us!)

That photo is a perfect illustration of his sweet spirit, too.

Thank you for playing along with Makes My Monday, Bia!

E said...

I come hear for brainy musings, smiles and warm feelings. I always find what I need

Lisa said...

This is so precious. Your little guys is a lot like my little guy in the lovin department. It's a good thing at this age to be Mama's boy!