An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, March 9, 2009

Panda vs. Rocky, Round One

Our four year old, Timothy, got into an argument with his five year old cousin, Thomas, this weekend.

Evidently, they were playing hide-and-seek and Thomas decided he didn't want to be "it". So they argued back and forth about this until Timothy yells, "You're out!" - baseball and hide-and-seek are one and the same, you see.

Well, Thomas was insulted. He took a huge breath, jumped up in the air . . . and landed in a Kung Fu Panda pose.

Timothy, who hasn't seen King Fu Panda but who does have older brothers, took a huge breath, jumped up in the air . . . and landed in a boxer's stance.

So there they were . . . Kung Fu Panda and Rocky Balboa, standing three feet apart staring each other down.

And what was Jonathan, the-family-giggler-who-is-twelve-and-supposed-to-be-supervising, doing?

Rolling in the grass laughing his head off.

6 comments:

Tiziana said...

Che scena memorabile!! Ho riso come una matta. Timothy e Thomas due feroci guerrieri e chi se lo aspettava?

GrandmaK said...

Oh! I can see it all. I didn't have three boys and not have this happen...ours were the Ninja Turtles~
Yes! I'm laughing out loud!!! Happy day to you! Cathy

Missy said...

Haha! Too funny! I with Jonathan on that one too!

Ua (Sister) said...

HA, HA! I can just picture it! This is Bia's sister, so I know the exact Kung Fu pose Thomas must have struck... he's very serious about it, too! Considering that Timothy is a head taller than he is (although a year younger), he must have felt pretty brave. I have yet to see Timothy's Rocky Balboa pose, but I'm sure it's effective!

Kim H. said...

I'm sorry but I'm laughing to myself because that is the funniest visual ever -- and brother rolling around the the grass laughing -- um, pretty much CLASSIC!!!

I hope they worked it out -- you know about 10 seconds later! :)

Lisa said...

Oh, too funny! I can just picture this. I love little boys!