An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Conversation between my Self and my Conscience

Self (on a particularly off day): That woman is so annoying.

Conscience: You don't even know her. You've never even had a conversation with her.

Self: Well. Thank goodness for small favors.

Conscience: You know, God loves HER just as much as He loves you.

Self: Ugh. You think?

Conscience: Hmmm. Hmmm.

Self: Okay, okay. I know. You're right.

Conscience: But if it makes you feel better, look at it this way: God loves YOU just as much as he loves Blessed Mother Teresa.

Self: Oh. I never thought of it that way before. Thanks, Jiminy.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Wow.
Good stuff.

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

What's up with that, anyway?

Nancy said...

Nice. :)

Soutenus said...

Man oh man! I had that conversation this morning . . . . in chapel! Yes, I am horrid. To make matters worse. I had trouble getting as far as the part where I hear my conscience telling me God loves her as much as me.
And, to be totally truthful, my internal banter ended after the "Uhhhg!"
Thank you for FINISHING the conversation.

My conscience must have stunted growth. I need to keep checking in on my Catholic Blogging friends for my dose of organic-conscience-growth hormones!

Blessings, Bia!

Tiziana said...

La prima cosa che faccio quando apro il computer è guardare il tuo blog, ormai è diventato per me un appuntamento imperdibile e ogni volta mi meraviglio, mi commuovo o rido nel leggerlo.
Spero che anche la mia coscienza pensi come la tua.

Lisa said...

Good thoughts! Comforting and instructive at the same time.

Amy Jo said...

I think that my toes are sore from being stepped on...I needed that kind reminder. :) All of us are cherished by God (even if not by one another always) Nice to be reminded that we should.

Kathryn said...

Perspective is a powerful thing!!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Love this! It's so true.

Missy said...

Love it! I have these little conversations with myself!
I really needed to read this today - my conscience & self are arguing today!

I prayed for God to give me peace with an issue. I found peace in your post!