An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, April 20, 2009

Dumb, Useless Facts Make My Monday

Here's what I learned on vacation:

The ostrich has the largest eye of any land animal. Its eye measures almost two inches (five centimeters) across.

Ostriches use their wings as rudders to change directions when running.

An ostrich's powerful, long legs can cover 10 to 16 feet (3 to 5 meters) in a single stride.

Okay. I couldn't get past the eyeball thing . . . for some reason I found that highly amusing.

The biggest eyeball . . . that's what a Mom needs . . . the better to see you with, my dear! Eh. Eh. Eh.

Do YOU know any dumb, useless fact?

(Now, go visit Cheryl who doesn't need an all-knowing eye because her kids are angels!)

7 comments:

E said...

Lots of them. I seemed to major in useless facts.
YOu can make your own family trivial pursuit game though with your own family's useless facts. We did that on a vacation once. Oh dear..the things we knew.....

cat said...

Oh I live in the origin of the land of the ostrich! Greetings from South Africa.

Brandi said...

That is freaky! But cool. LOL Never seen an ostrich up close, but I have seen an Emu.

Tia said...

hi from cheryl's blog :)

ostrich's are just ... odd creatures, all around! cheers!

Lisa said...

That is fascinating. From what I hear, ostriches can be pretty nasty critters, too.

WHERE did you go on vacation that you ran into ostriches??

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh that is just the type of tidbit I can never rid my mind of! Thanks to my presidential-mode-of-death obsessed daughter I can tell you 3 U.S. Preseidents officially passed via a stroke. Does that count?

Your humor and eyeball fact Make My Monday, Bia.

Thanks for playing along!

Tiziana said...

Penso che i nostri occhi a volte devono essere ancora più grandi di quelli di uno struzzo. Eh.Eh.Eh.
Lo struzzo è un animale che mi ha fatto sempre ridere per come si muove.