An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, June 5, 2009

I prefer A,B,C's in my books, thank you very much

OUR WEEKLY TRIP TO THE LIBRARY YIELDED THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:

MY BOOKS


NICHOLAS' BOOKS

TIMOTHY'S BOOKS


JONATHAN'S BOOK

JOE'S ENCYCLOPEDIA

A CLOSER LOOK . . .



So here's the deal: my husband has something against the 26 letters of the alphabet. The books he reads only have numbers . . . charts, graphs, columns, data tables . . . in other words, numbers everywhere. How, I ask, can you read numbers? Who wants to curl up on a rainy afternoon with a book of numbers? What's up with that?

I don't know, but something tells me Jonathan is headed that way . . .

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I am SOOO with you on this one. I have great fear of numbers...

Tiziana said...

E' terribile un libro di soli numeri. E il romanticismo, l'avventura, la fantasia?
Però il mondo è bello perchè siamo tutti diversi.

Shellie said...

Me and numbers just don't get along. I'm a letter person all the way... Somehow I have very mathematically inclined boys though. That would be my dad's genes skipping over me.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

I'm going to the library on Wednesday, the first trip of the summer, and I cannot wait!

As for your husband? Well, I've got nothing...

Lisa said...

Oh, yikes. That'd be purgagory for me.