An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's Hip to be Square

This Wednesday my husband and I are taking Nicholas, our eldest son, on an overnight trip to Atlanta to see Aerosmith in concert.

It's a long story, but the only way we were going to let our son go to that concert was if Mom and Dad went with him.

Now, despite what my sons may think, I am hip. Really. I have seen Elton John, Paul McCartney, and even U2 in concert. And just to cover all musical genres, I have also seen Ronnie Milsap, the Osmond Brothers, Huey Lewis and the News, and the Beach Boys.

But, honestly, the last concert I attended was Barry Manilow.

So I am feeling a little out of the loop . . . I mean, can I wear my Dansko clogs, blue jeans and a tank top to the concert? What about a sweater tied around my shoulder? Too preppy?

Sigh. Being hip is hard work. Or do you say cool? Or is it totally rad?

Whatever.

11 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Whatever they call it you have got to be the BEST!!! Have a grand time!!! Cathy

Damiano e Irene said...

Oh Yes!!
Huey Lewis is our favourite!!
Stef Burns (the guitarist) plays with an italian singer (Vasco Rossi) that we both love so much!
Damiano played in a "Vasco Rossi Tribute Band" for over 8 years!
Just a tiny suggestion: DON'T wear a sweater tied around your shoulder in an Aerosmith concert!! If you think you'll be cold, just jump all the time!
Enjoy the concert and take some pictures ... :-)
Ciao! D&I

Bia said...

Dami & Irene,

Okay. No sweater. Bacioni!

Anonymous said...

Okay, why is Barry Manilow in small type!?

Cheryl Lage said...

Yes to the Danskos, and from the looks of things, you can pull of a tank top. (I cannot. Bad case of the bat wings.)

Enjoy! (Mmmm...I used to have quite the little Joe Perry fetish. ;) )

Tiziana said...

Nessun suggerimento perchè non sono mai andata ad un concerto, però so che nessuno ha mai freddo.
Buon divertimento a tutti.

Chiara said...

te lo confermo... ai concerti che piacciono nessuno ha freddo... io sono andata 3 volte al concerto dei Sonohra (li conoscete li?? hanno vinto il festaval di San Remo giovani l'anno scorso...)e fidati che stavo sudando... era all'aperto e di sera al teatro romano o in alrti posti...
ah... sai che concerto mi piacerebbe vedere?? quello dei Green Day... sono bravissimi...

per Nicholas: gli Aerosmith li conosco anche io!!!! =)

Bia said...

Chiara,
We are not familiar with Sonohra, but Nicholas does know Green Day.

We can't wait to see you...we have all sorts of fun things planned.

We'll let you know how the Aerosmith concert was.

Nonna e Nonno said...

Hope you all enjoy the concert. Wear anything you want as long as it is decent. Tank tops and sweaters tied over the shoulder ain't decent.

Kim H. said...

Alls I know is that you don't wave your lighter anymore. You use your cellphone.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Rock on!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

I'm sure you noted, the thing about bands like Aerosmith is you'll see all kinds of people there. And no one, save maybe your son, cared what you wore.

I hope you had a blast! Can you hear today?

Dream on...