An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's a Garden Gate to do?

Dear Joey,

You know that rusted garden gate that I purchased for $5? The what-in-the-heck-are-you-going-to-do-with-that-rusty-thing gate? The one that has been sitting in the garage all summer waiting to be used for some project?

Also, you know that bare wall over the television cabinet in the rec/entertaining room?

Your loving wife has been busy...look what a little imagination, a little spray paint, an old picture frame, and a lifetime of collecting postcards can do.

And don't worry. I didn't create any more nail holes...the gate is just propped.

Bacioni, Bia

P.S. This December the postcards can be switched to Christmas cards!

6 comments:

Damiano e Irene said...

Bravissima Maria... e che ideona! Riuscire a recuperare cose vecchie utilizzando la fantasia dà un sacco di soddisfazione!! Ciao

Lisa said...

Oh, Bia! I LOVE it!!

Kathryn said...

Very clever Bia, I love it too!

Laura said...

See?
I need that "outside the box" decorating savvy.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

It seems like your home is full of such thoughtful treasures!

Neat!

Kim H. said...

Okay Miss Craftypants, that idea completely ROCKS!!!

I need to go look for a gate -- you know, so I'll have somewhere to put all my Christmas cards! :)