An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Summer in Titles

One beautiful beach house (thanks, Nonna & Nonno!), five families, and a week to enjoy it all . . .

THE ROCK STAR IN ALL OF US . . .




from youngest . . .


to oldest. You rock, Nonna!


MEN? WHAT MEN? WHO NEEDS MEN?


A NEW-FOUND LOVE

We took our relatives to a Dixie Stampede Dinner show . . . horses, cowboys, trick riding, north-south rivalry, finger-lickin' chicken . . . in other words, quintessential americanism. And the Zio was smitten.

JUST HANGING AROUND . . . LITERALLY.

the youngest . . . and the center of attention.

THE MAD HATTER DINNER
With such a large group, everyone was on their own for breakfast and lunch, but each family took turns preparing a dinner. When we hosted our dinner we had everyone draw a number and then, when their number was called, run upstairs and select a hat. The catch? In order to eat you had to wear your hat. I collected hats for two months and the selection was, shall we say, unique.







A LITTLE TIME OUT . . .

He was innocent . . . I'm his auntie and I said so!


He really should not be smiling . . . I'm his Mom and I know so. He was in trouble.

THERE ARE NO WORDS . . .

My brother, the doctor, in that hat and that t-shirt.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Great Pics BIA!!!

Damiano e Irene said...

Bellissime foto!! Complimenti per il party 'cappellaio matto'... a noi piace un sacco il cappello di Dwight!! La old rock band non ha nulla da invidiare agli Aerosmith. Per i piccolini della casa: you are so cute!!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Yay! You're back! I love the hat dinner idea! And I'm glad you didn't just happen to have all those hats lying around...

What marvelous memories you made. I'm sure it was hard to pick which photos to share.

All good for good people,
e

Kim H. said...

WOW! Thank you for sharing all those great pics. I loved the Mad Hatter dinner night idea. You are so creative, Bia!

And I would have totally stolen that baby. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, wonderful, vacation! A week together at the beach in a huge, elegant house, with all of my children and their families and also my sister with her husband and daughter...I can not ask for more.
My heartfelt thanks to God for having blessed all of us with joy, health and fun.
Ciao. Nonna

Darla said...

So fun to catch up with you again!!! I don't get on here much anymore, especially after our baby was born....4 months ago!!! Wonderful pictures and posts. I enjoyed going back and getting somewhat caught up!

Lisa said...

I can feel the happy vibes through the computer, Bia. The hat idea IS too much fun. You guys are great!

Lisa said...

Oh, hey, me again... I'm running around passing out awards. Here! Catch! &:O)