An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, September 14, 2009

Makeup Monday

I do not purchase a lot of makeup in department stores; in fact, I have whittled my department store makeup items down to two: Estee Lauder's Idealist Skin Refinisher and an under eye concealer from Lancome. Both items last a long time, but when it comes time to replace them I play it smart and wait for Bonus Gift Time. You know . . . spend a certain amount and get a free makeup bag filled with samples.

So, that's what makes my Monday . . . Bonus Gift Time at the make-up counter.




Now go visit Cheryl for some more Makes My Monday fun.

8 comments:

Tiziana said...

Devo ammettere che i cosmetici mi hanno un po' deluso perchè, pur promettendo tanti miracoli alle donne della mia età, in effetti hanno avuto pochissimi risultati su di me.
Insomma, le mie rughe me le devo proprio tenere (eh! eh!)

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Years ago, I sold cosmetics, Lancome in fact, and if I had a dollar for each person that asked when the free gift was coming, I would have made an extra fifty dollars each day.

It made sense to me, but it still got old!

I only buy Clinique on the rarest occasions, and I too would wait for the bonus time. Then I realized I didn't need the bonus items, so I stopped doing that.

So weird to think this now plain Jane sold make-up in a department store...

Laura said...

ABSOLUTELY

Kim H. said...

Oooh, my neighbor and I were drooling the other day over the Clinique Bonus Time flyer in the Dillard's ad.

I don't love the trek to the department store make-up counter, but I do have a few things I like -- like Benefit LemonAide -- the ultimate in eye brightening and concealing -- and of course, like it's name, it smells lemon-y fresh! And it lasts forever...which is why I only drool over the bonus time ads and don't usually get to the store to get them. :(

Monday HUGS!

mommytoalot said...

Oooo bonus gift make up would make my Monday too.
Stopping by from Cheryl's blog

GrandmaK said...

Very SMART lady!!! Cathy

Cheryl Lage said...

I'm so lame. My cosmetics don't really qualify as "department store." Far more like "drug store!"

But Bia, I can vouch a freebie of any variety ALWAYS Makes My Monday!

Thanks so much for playing along!

Lisa said...

Um, yeah... I'm like Cheryl. Maybe that's been my problem all these years; I'm so not a cosmetics girl. I need to learn this stuff!