An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday at the Mall with my Men

Saturday morning chores were done, and out of the blue my husband suggested we go walk around the mall. HUH?! Who was this strange man? Then, all three boys said they wanted to go, too.

Well, I wasn't going to let this opportunity slip by . . .

I gathered my coupons and made mental lists: new church shirts for the boys, a new pair of winter shoes for me, shorts for Jonathan, check out the clearance rack at Macy's and JCPenney . . .

And this is what we did:

-spent half an hour in Dick's Sporting Goods trying out different basketballs, putting, and drooling over the golf clubs (FYI: I wasn't the one drooling)
-walked in Foot Locker and admired the cool basketball sneakers, the cool running shoes, the cool football cleats
-had a pretzel at Auntie Em's (would you believe my husband had a coupon?)
-walked into Champ Sports and admired the football jerseys
-threw pennies into the fountain and tried to hit the underwater lights
-went into Williams Sonoma only for the free sample of chicken
-spent some time in Gamestop drooling at Rock Band and Guitar Hero (FYI: I wasn't the one drooling)

No Macy's, no JCPenney, no clearance racks, no shoes . . . but the morning wasn't a total loss . . . I did come home with this :o)

12 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Shopping with "men" is sooooo boring! You poor girl...if I hadn't had 3 sons and been there done that I would say I don't think I would have understood! But I do!!! Next time you and I will have to go shopping! Have a great Sunday!!! :) Cathay

Tiziana said...

Ah! Ah! Non ti è venuto un piccolo sospetto quando quattro uomini hanno accettato di andare a fare un giretto al mall?
E penso sarà sempere peggio, anche perchè, per qualsiasi decisione da prendere sarete sempre 4 contro 1.
Povera Maria, scommetto però che avrai ugualmente fatto finta di divertirti.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

You were sweet to stay with them! (What a good mom.) I would have sychronzed my watch (cell phone?) and said, "See you in an hour!"

Of course, that would have been after the snack!

I cannot recall the last time I was at a mall except to meet a girlfriend for lunch in June at a Thai restaurant...no shopping tho'.

Laura said...

Love Sephora...and the bags.

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

What a manly mall trip! You earned that Sephora bag! Hope there was something amazing in it. :)

j.a.varela said...

Hola Bia!

Afortunadamente ahora existen los celulares y podemos esperar a nuestras mujeres en lugares de nuestro interés. Además, en un acto de piedad, ahora hay muchos shoppings con bancos y sillones. Incluso inventaron salones para esposos donde uno puede leer el diario mientras agoniza.

Muy divertido y real tu post.

Juan

Kathryn said...

Glad it wasn't a total loss! I've not been to the mall with all my boys in a long time. I ration them out a few at the time!

Lisa said...

Do we get a peak at what's inside? <:o)

Lisa said...

Um. oops... I meant "peek."

Wendy said...

Ha, Ha. I'm rolling on the floor. Sadly, we don't even live near a mall any more. We used to love going back when we lived in IL. Kudos to your husband for having a coupon for the pretzel!

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Last week I played around this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Wii tournaments for money[/url]
They say you can play online Nhl2k game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Last week I saw this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Ps3 Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online Football game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?