An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Friendly Questions

Thanks to Cathy and Lisa,
and along with this came the following questions:

1) IF YOU COULD COME BACK AS AN ANIMAL, WHICH WOULD IT BE?
the Geico Gecko

2) SOMETHING YOU COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT
Nutella... okay, okay I'm kidding!!
No, seriously... my espresso machine ... actually, my hair dryer

3) WHAT DO YOU VALUE MOST IN ANOTHER PERSON?
sense of humor
musical/artistic talents

4) THE COLORS YOU TEND TO WEAR
black and brown (I'm boring that way)

5) THREE WORDS THAT DEFINE YOU
procrastinator (this, from my husband)
helpful (this, from Jonathan)
Italian (this, from Nicholas)
a princess (this, from Timothy)

6) A PLACE YOU WOULD TRAVEL TO
Italy
England, Ireland & Scotland

7) YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE FROM A BOOK OR MOVIE

(Last of the Mohicans)
Duncan: "There is a war going on in the east. How is it you are heading west?"
Hawkeye: "Well, you face north and, real sudden-like, turn left."

Hawkeye: "Someday you and I are going to have a serious disagreement."

(Miss Congeniality)
Victor Melling: The last time I saw a walk like that was in "Jurassic Park."

(The Grapes of Wrath)
"How can you frighten a man whose hunger is not only in his own cramped stomach but in the wretched bellies of his children? You can't scare him--he has known a fear beyond every other." - John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath, Chapter 19

8) SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO
learn how to play the cello
finish my book proposal
hike the Grand Canyon

9) YOUR MAIN STRENGTH/FORTE
my decisiveness (see #2 above)

5 comments:

GrandmaK said...

I love it!!!! The Geico Gecko!!! This was grand!!! Thank you! Cathy

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Hey 5) is four! So, 9) could also be "good at math"?

Wear some color tomorrow!

:)

Tiziana said...

Sono d'accordo con te soprattutto con il secondo punto, anzi, adesso che ci penso, vado subito a farmi un buon cappuccino e a mangiarmi un po' di pane e Nutella. Come mi faccio convincere facilmente!!

Bia said...

Ellen,

My Math "strengths" are legendary in my family ;)

Wendy said...

I second you on your #6. I have been begging hubby to take me to England for our 20th anniv. next year. All for naught. He laughs off every suggestion (he's not a traveller). Then, I keep seeing all these wonderful deals (including 2 for 1 airfare) and am beginning to think I should just take my anniversary trip ... with a girlfriend. Sigh.