An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Morning Chores

It's early Saturday morning and Timothy climbs into bed with us.

Guess what? he asks.

What.

Last night I had a giant booger in my nose.

And then what? I inquire.

It was on my finger.

What did you do with it? I asked, hoping that a tissue figures somewhere into this story.

Then it got stuck on my thumb.

Oh boy I think.

And then? I ask, needing to know but not really wanting to.

I don't know...I don't see it anymore. And he hops off the bed.

And I am thinking that this morning...I am changing all the sheets.


5 comments:

Tiziana said...

Viva l'innocenza, adoro Timothy.
Buon sabato mattina (eh! eh!).

Lisa said...

Heehee-- Don't ya love that about the little guys? The unabashed practical reality of them. And the grossness.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Ah, honesty is such a lovely word--in reality, so things we don't want to know. Let's face it, kids lose boogies everywhere...

Suburban Correspondent said...

Sometimes I just don't want to know what my kids are doing.

GrandmaK said...

You have the most humorous, laugh-out-loud stories to tell! HEHEHEHE!! Cathy