An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, November 16, 2009

Standing Firm

The weekend is over, the dust has settled, and here is what is left:



And this is what I know:
-that this chocolate chip/peanut butter cup cookie is delicious;
-that no one is here to witness me consuming it;
-that I am bigger (literally and figuratively) than that cookie;
-that it has no control over me. Whatsoever.

And that's what Makes My Monday: Resisting Temptation!

Now go visit Cheryl who has a cookie story involving two very cute chefs.

12 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Brave lady!!! Good for YOU!!! Cathy

The Smiths said...

that is great!! I love your post! I think the cookies at our house had ALL control over me!

Soutenus said...

I'd have to eat it or throw it away. It would kill me to just have it there . . . . staring at me.
You go, girl! You rock!

Laura said...

But...it's sitting right there.
And no one is looking.....
c'mon...
go ahead...
you know you want to.

Cheryl Lage said...

Resisting temptation? TAUNTING temptation as you are MAKES MY MONDAY! You GO, Bia!
(and eat it if you want to... ;) )

Ua said...

Oh, just eat the darn thing! I ate three of them on Sunday! With a cappuccino!!! AFTER eating a bowl of your delicious chili... oh, and a hot dog. And it was all GOOD.

Tiziana said...

Brava Maria!! Però quel povero biscottino mi fa un po' di pena, è lì, solo soletto, in quel grande piatto... credi che sia ancora buono martedì?

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Looking or not, it's one cookie. I hope you ate it!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...

I'm on my way to eat your cookie...you are saving it for me, right?? It will be about 9 hours, but you asked for it by posting such temptation on the web!!! Some of us can't resist!!!...EVER~

j.a.varela said...

Aunque hace algún tiempo que no escribo, siempre leo tu blog. ¿Sabes que tenemos un nieto que se llama Lorenzo? Nació en Barcelona. ¿Y un hijo que está en Minneapolis por una pasantía?

Saludos desde Montevideo.

Juan

Kim H. said...

Congrats on the cookie willpower! And I love the espresso machine on the counter! :) Too cute.

Hugs!