An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Finally...a compliment!

It began with a surprise email from my nephew, Christopher . . .

is this christopher...my nephew? are you emailing from your own computer, or something? or is this your own email account?

Yes it is your nephew. It is my own email account. I am emailing from my new iPod touch that I got for Christmas. I'll show it to you later when we get there. I might have to use your computer to charge it. May I?
From Christopher

well, well, well. a new iPod touch. i got an iPod, too. but it's just a regular one...not a touch and i can't send emails with it. BUT it is a pretty, bright orange. so, you may be able to email with yours...but i bet it isn't orange like mine.

and yes, if you're very, very, very nice to your favorite auntie...AND if you tell her that her new orange ipod is smashing...AND if you tell her that she looks very, very, very skinny...THEN i might let you charge your ipod on my computer.


I'm sure your iPod is charming! It is very very very very skinny!

not the ipod skinny...ME, ME....YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SAY I'M SKINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok the iPod is skinny AND you are too.
Christopher




Me, shamelessly enjoying Christopher's compliment...and the fact that I asked for it doesn't matter whatsoever. I'll take a compliment any way I can get one.
:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Since, had I been a boy, my name would have been Christopher, may I add, "And I really like your ring!"

;)

Tiziana said...

Christopher, sei proprio simpatico! Ti ricordiamo con tanto affetto.
Maria, che bella che sei!!

Kathryn said...

I'm loving the ring! What a cute exchange with your nephew! Merry Merry Christmas!

Christopher K. said...

Maybe someone could like maybe explain what Tiziana said to me?!?! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.