An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why I Married this Guy 19 Years Ago

Since I do all the cooking, he cleans up afterwards.

He has a mesmerizing baritone voice over the phone . . . the first time he called and asked me out I mentally said "I do."

He is very, very good in Math (and I am not).

My Mom likes him better than she does me (but it is all good because his Mom likes me better!).

He eats french fries with a fork (quirky, but cute).

He sent me and my best friend to Rome, Italy for my 40th birthday while he stayed home to babysit.

We met at a church spaghetti supper . . . very apropos.

After the birth of each of our sons he took a week off work to stay home to help me.

He folds laundry while he watches Penn State football.

The first time we went to Italy together he spent months studying the language.

He is a great father. He is a great husband.

And I'm one lucky girl.


Happy Anniversary, Joey.
Bacioni,
Bia

10 comments:

Tiziana said...

Sì, siete stati molto fortunati ad incontrarvi e a creare una così bella famiglia.
Sicuramente il motivo più importante per il quale siete stati così felici per ben 19 anni è che Joe mangia le patatine con la forchetta, ne sono sicura.
Auguri di cuore e passate un bellissimo anniversario.

Kim H. said...

Happy Anniversary, Bia! I wish you and dh many, many more happy years together.

And yes, if a man tells me I look good in my jeans, he's definitely a keeper! :)

Hugs!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

I love the second one about his voice. I fell for my hubs' voice too. So sweet.

Happy Day! Happy Life!

GrandmaK said...

Happy, happy anniversary!!!! Many more to you both!!!!!! Cathy

Kathryn said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved this post!

PAOLA said...

Maria, la tua è una dichiarazione di amore! Molto bella!
Bacioni

Lisa said...

You're both so lucky, ie: Blessed!
Happy, Happy Anniversary to you both!

"True love needs no reason, but has countless symptoms."

Abbey said...

I trust your husband read this! What a nice anniversary present!

Be Blessed,
Abbey

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and true description of our dear Joe. Brava Maria!!!
Love. NONNA

Soutenus said...

What an awesome post! Is he from PA??
I fell in love with my husband's voice at about the very same time I fell head over heels in love with him, too! (at first sight . . . he was singing . . . in PA!)
Happy Anniversary!

Blessings,
Peggy