An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Answering my Nephew's Email

my dear favorite nephew christopher,

first of all, you are my favorite because you read my blog. your MOM doesn't read my blog. NONNA doesn't even read my blog. but you...you left me some comments...i like you...a lot!

and yes, nicholas did get his learner's permit. he was so nervous, but he passed and now thinks he's something special.

but i put him in his place...when we were walking out of the building i was looking at his provisional certificate and i said, "oh no! they have you down as an 'f' for female". i was joking, but he almost had a heart attack. then i started laughing like crazy (you know, the kind of laughing that annoys your mom).

so, he can't wait to get behind the wheel...but it won't be this weekend because on friday he gets ALL FOUR WISDOM TEETH SURGICALLY REMOVED and it's kind of hard to drive with your mouth stuffed with gauze and your cheeks puffed out to the curb.

well, got to go...i have to go stock up on ice-cream, yogurt, bananas, pudding, and mashed potatoes.

love,
bia, your favorite auntie

8 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Um, hate to tell the Italian girl this, but pasta (slightly mushy--ew) is good for after wisdom teeth removal too! Butter it up! (Also good for after tonsillectomies.)

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

PS--I'm so pleased your nephew reads your blog, and I'm consoled that many other family members don't. You see, NONE of my family reads my blog, and it kind of hurts my feelings...it helps to know I'm not the only neglected one out here!
;)

Tiziana said...

Povero Nicholas!! Si deve levare tutti e quattro i denti del giudizio in un colpo solo?
Sicuramente però gli rimarrà un po' di saggezza per poter guidare.
Mando anch'io un grosso saluto a Christopher che ricordo con tanto, tanto affetto.

Kathryn said...

How sweet that your nephew reads your blog! I'll be saying some prayers over his wisdom teeth removal, one of the worst experiences of my teens. I hope his goes smoothly!

Abbey said...

"f" for female ... that reminds me that my granddaughter thought the "F" on my license meant "FAILED!"

Anonymous said...

ah at last, I could find your article again. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. This time, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)

Ua said...

I do, too, read your blog!!!

Christopher K. said...

No she dosen't!!!!!