An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Waiting for the End

Towards the end of Mass today our five-year-old, who up to that point had been fidgeting, suddenly became very still and tilted his head toward the altar as if listening for something.

Then, at the moment the priest announced, "The Mass has ended, go now in peace", my son pumped his arm and whispered "Yes!" (and let me just say right here and now that when a five-year-old whispers, it is still loud).

I was mortified...but the people behind us thought it was funny. They laughed.


8 comments:

Tiziana said...

Mortificata? Devi essere felice di avere un bambino così simpatco e sincero. Timothy, ti vogliamo bene!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! My other 5th grade teacher's son did the same thing!
Christopher K. (Your nephew who is on your blog)

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

I remember that feeling!

;)

Suburban Correspondent said...

Once a priest said the words at the end in the wrong order, so that he ended with "The Mass is Ended" and we all intoned, "Thanks be to God."

Cracked me up.

GrandmaK said...

Just his way of saying, "Thanks be to God!" Means the same thing..."Yes, I will go and serve the Lord." Right? Have a grand day! Cathy

Kathryn said...

Sounds just like my boys, they've all done that in some form or fashion and I keep insisting that I won't pray the prayer of humility anymore, I get heaps of it without praying that prayer! *smile*

Theresa said...

LOL! Patrick does that a lot! We don't find it funny but everyone usually thinks it is sooo cute!

Michelle said...

oh my, that is hilarious.