An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Arrivederci Ronald McDonald!

How about a McItaly for supper?

The new burger, introduced at a McDonald's restaurant in Rome near the historic Piazza di Spagna, features Italian beef, Asiago cheese, and an artichoke spread.

But I'll have to take their word for it. Going to Italy to eat at McDonald's...why, that's sacriligeous.



BTW, this very same McDonald's restaurant, with its columns, marble floors, and Roman statues, was voted the most beautiful McDonald's in the world by the Travel Channel.

8 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

My only time abroad was spent in the UK about 18 years ago...I did go to McDonald's (mostly to save money), but it didn't taste like "our" McDonald's. I wonder, is the most beautiful McDonald's food more palatable than ours? Artichoke spread? I would guess so!

Cheryl Lage said...

Marble McDonalds? Genuinely Golden arches? LOVE it!

Tiziana said...

In questi giorni in Italia stanno facendo la pubblicitĂ  del panino McDonald's "italianizzato", ma ti devo dire, che una volta ogni tanto, un bell'hamburger con tanta carne, salse varie che escono da tutte le parti, cipolle e patatine fritte me lo mangio volentieri e per togliermi i sensi di colpa mi bevo una coca light.

TL. said...

I was surprised when I read "italian beef", coming from Chicago I was thinking " but no one knows about italian beef sandwiches in Italy!!" then on the link you posted I saw it was Italian beef, as in origin of Italy.. Sounds MUCH better all in a sudden :)
But like you I wouldn't go to Mc Donalds in Italy!! :)

j.a.varela said...

My wife and I we found in via del Corso, some years ago, one very nice Mc.Donald´s. It was a copy of the famous "village gauloise" from Asterix.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Sounds tasty ... especially the Asiago cheese and artichoke spread ...

kim said...

the artichoke spread sounds yummy to me. Now my kids would love to go to any mcdonald's no matter where it is.


just stopping by your blog. I had/have a friend named tiziana. You don't really hear that name that much these days. It caught my eye and I had to leave you a comment.

GrandmaK said...

That would certainly be a long way just for "takeout"! LOVE this post! Cathy