An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, March 1, 2010

Whoa. Just call me Rocky.

About two hours after our return from Vegas, our five-year-old was so excited to see us he was jumping on the couch. Up and down. Up and down. He lost his balance . . . CRACK! . . . and his cute, but very hard head, slams into my eye. I now have a bona fide black eye.

I am sporting a Rocky Balboa shiner with a rainbow of purple, blue and yellow completely encircling my eye.

And the timing stinks. Of course, I haven't seen anyone since before leaving for Vegas, and so now when I explain how I got my shiner, I invariably get that all-knowing look and a "hmmm-hmmm."

Like, what do they think? I had too much of a good thing in Vegas and tripped on a curb right there on the strip? Sheesh.

7 comments:

Kim H. said...

Oh honey. Reminds me of my door-frame incident a few months back. And when you forget and touch it, ouch!

I guess they REALLY missed you, huh?! :)

Hugs!

Soutenus said...

Adrienne!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Anyone who has kids will believe!

GrandmaK said...

You don't have to convince me!!! :) Cathy

Tiziana said...

Ahi! Ahi! Che male!!! Povera Maria, vorrei proprio vedere il tuo occhio nero. Timothy probabilmente era euforico per il vostro ritorno...poverino, ci sarà rimasto male anche lui.
Non tutto può andare nel verso giusto dopo una meravigliosa vacanza senza figli.

Cathy said...

Maria,
It's March again...are we having a St. Joseph meal again this year? It's a Friday so it would have to been meatless? Shrimp scampi/Lobster Newburg/Cedar plank Salmon /Tuna fish sandwiches. Last year was fun...
XOXO
Your favorite car pool MOM

Ua said...

I wanna see a picture of your shiner!