An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, April 23, 2010

No Pity . . . Puh-leease.

What my husband will have to handle this weekend while I am out of town:

-field day at one school
-early dismissal for all three boys
-carpooling between two schools
-a class birthday party (my son's best friend)
-t-ball practice
-cooking and preparing all meals

STOP!!! BASTA!!! STOP!!!

Before your heart melts with pity for the poor guy, here's what I did before my trip:

-prepared the boys' field day clothes
-wrote schedule of early dismissal times
-purchased and wrapped the birthday present
-had my son sign the birthday card
-cooked sloppy joe's for Friday night's meal
-purchased lasagna and garlic bread for Saturday night's meal
-stocked the fridge
-sent in picture money, t-shirt money, and field trip permission form on Thursday so he wouldn't have to do it on Friday
-AND, did all weekend laundry by Thursday night

SO, DON'T YOU FEEL SORRY FOR HIM . . . NOT ONE SINGLE BIT.

But he's still the sweetest guy ever and I do appreciate him letting me have this weekend with my sister.

5 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Sounds like he's got it made. Still has time for a baseball game if he wants to...with the boys!!! Have a grand time!!!!!!! Cathy

Tiziana said...

Va bene, non sarò dispiaciuta ber lui e sarò MOLTO MOLTO FELCE PER TE.
Bravo Joe, hai tutta la mia stima.
Piccolo suggerimento: durante il week-end porta i ragazzi a giocare a golf e mangiate fuori.
CIAO!!!!
Buona vacanza Maria.

Christopher said...

good job Aunt Maria! of course I'm going to be doing a lot of that too seeing that MY mother is with YOU on your trip crazy little trip.

Kim H. said...

I love it! Only cause I can relate. You'll probablly need your weekend to recoup from all your household preparations! :)

But you do have a wonderful husband -- and of course, we say don't feel sorry for them, but like you, most of us would do the same thing.

Can't wait to hear all about the weekend trip

:o) mg said...

If it were my house, the kids would still have forgotten to give their teacher the picture money, etc. and they would go out for pizza or burgers rather than eating in.
I'd come home and be hurt that all that preparation was for naught.
Or maybe that is just an excuse for me not to have to do all that stuff. LOL
I hope you are having (had) a BLAST. HHI is my very favorite place to vacay.