An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

16 out of 423

About ten minutes after leaving my relatives' home for the airport in Venice, I realized I left my camera on my aunt's dining room table. Even though we had plenty of time, a glance at my husband (who had just driven through three traffic circles and was merging onto the autostrada) told me that there was no way we were going back. I didn't even mention it; I knew my parents would be following us in a couple of days, and I would just ask them to bring the camera back with them.

When I got it back three days later I was thrilled to finally be able to go through our vacation photos . . . all 600 of them. Now, before you think I am absolutely crazy, let me just say that, with a digital camera, taking 600 photos is all too easy.

But yes, I agree that 600 is too many, so I went through all of the photos and whittled the number down to a more manageable 423.

And since it would take far too long to download all 423 to blogger (thank goodness, you must be thinking), I am featuring only 16 that showcase some of my favorite things about our vacation.


ROME




(La Bocca della Verita'/The Mouth of Truth
Have you seen Roman Holiday w/ Audrey Hepburn?)

POMPEII






(a fresco that survived the destruction of Mt. Vesuvius)

SORRENTO





CAPRI





VERONA




My Mom, Zia Paola, Zia Tizi



DINING AL FRESCO








The End

8 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

Gorgeous! My favorite was the pillar wrapped with the purple blooming vine.

I only have a point and shoot, but I love taking lots of shots and then dumping those I don't like. Six hundred for a trip like that seems totally normal (versus partially?) to me!

Tiziana said...

Che belle foto e che bei ricordi! Noto con piacere che hai voluto metterne una anche dei "tre fossili di Bolca".
Ciao!!!

Bia said...

Tizi...tre fossili di Bolca...HA!

Ua said...

Fantastic! I can't wait to see ALL of them!

GrandmaK said...

It is oh so easy to click away with a digital camera, but the results! So very good!!! I know...nearly 700 from vacation and family reunion! so glad you had such a wonderful trip and know it's true because the pics are soooo grand! Cathy

Soutenus said...

Ahhhhhhhh - how beautiful!

Damiano e Irene said...

Aaah... ITALIA ... we miss you!!
Wonderful pics!!

JAM said...

Loved all the pictures and can't wait to see more! (Stephanie was looking for a picture of J though.) You are certainly blessed to have had such a great trip. I'm so happy for you!