An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How Do You Hide a Volcano?

It began with a simple question: So, where is Vesuvius from here?

On cue, Nonna and Nonno pointed . . . in completely opposite directions.



The next fifteen minutes Joe and I sat back and watched the intense
discussion and argument that ensued. At one point, the wine glasses
and table napkins were used to portray the geography around the
Bay of Naples. Even the poor waiter was pulled into it.

I mean, it's a volcano for goodness sakes. How do you hide a volcano??

Before you know it, everyone was pointing in every possible direction.



So, who was right, Nonna or Nonno?

I am not saying . . . I know when to keep my mouth shut:0)

4 comments:

Tiziana said...

Secondo me ha ragione Timothy!!!

GrandmaK said...

So very funny!!! Can you hear me laughing? Cathy

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El) said...

I'm giggling and pointing. It doesn't matter in which direction, from where I sit I could circle the globe and get there eventually. But I felt the need to weigh in...

Anonymous said...

NONNA was right of course!!!!!

NONNA MASSIMILLA