An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An October-ish Christmas Present

Dear Joey,

I know it's early, but I really, really would like a new camera for Christmas.

Remember, I had wanted to buy one before our trip to Italy, but decided against it for two reasons: a) I felt guilty spending the money before we even left the country, and b) I wanted to give myself time to research exactly what I wanted.

So I've been limping along with our old digital one, the one that takes a good three minutes to snap a picture . . . three minutes in which everyone has to keep smiling like idiots and not move a muscle.

Now, thanks to my brother and my cousin Dami, who both have done the camera research for me, I know exactly what I want; in short, I want what they have. Simple, right?

And here's what I was thinking: maybe it would be good to get the camera before Christmas so I have time to study the instruction manual.

And since Thanksgiving is just a few weeks earlier, and we always travel over Thanksgiving, maybe it would be a good idea to have the camera then.

Oh, and about Halloween. Isn't it sad how the two older boys don't dress up anymore? But aren't we lucky that we still have Timothy who, this year, wants to be Luke Skywalker? It's too bad our old digital camera takes such lousy nighttime photos, though.

So, what do you think? And just to make things easy for you, don't worry about wrapping it . . . finding Christmas wrapping paper in October might be a problem.

Love,
Bia


Standing still, grinning like idiots ... waiting for the picture to take.

8 comments:

Tiziana said...

Joe, dopo una letterina così bella è IMPOSSIBILE non accontentare Maria. Sono sicura che la macchina fotografica è già in arrivo, anche perchè, ormai, un mucchio di persone è curiosa di sapere come andrà a finire (eh! eh!).
Tre minuti con un sorriso idiota sulle labbra senza muovere un muscolo?? NOOOO.... è veramente insopportabile.

GrandmaK said...

I know what you're going through. I have wanted a kindle for a long time. Now was a good time to buy. Told Ron I'd like one for my birthday/Christmas (both in the same month) but he wasn't to buy anything for then. He said that was okay. I'm to save the box and he'll wrap IT and put it under the tree! Not a bad idea...;) Hope you get your camera soon! Cathy

Laura said...

Just do it, Girlfriend. Re-wrap it at Christmas if you want.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

My big 5-0 is at the end of October, and for it I wanted a new computer as mine was freezing up about 8 times a day (no exaggeration) and slower than if a hamster on a wheel was powering it.

The husband couldn't deal with my sighing, so I'm typing this comment on my new laptop--two months early new.

And we're both okay with it.

We don't exchange gifts on Christmas (birthdays yes) because we tend to get what we need when we need it...

get that camera, and then tell me which one you bought and how much you love it.

Ua said...

What about September - you can't miss capturing the beautiful fall foliage... even though there IS no beautiful fall foliage in the South!

Anonymous said...

After seeing that picture, I think it still works fine. What stunning beauty that was captured after a looooonnnnngggg pause. Maybe we should wait a few weeks in case somebody decides to mail you a new one. Oh, well. I'll put off getting that new driver, and the new golf bag, and a new putter, and 3 dozen golf balls, ... All totaled would be less than the camera, I suspect.

Anonymous said...

Love, Joey

Darla said...

THAT was great! The Joey post. I was just going to comment how beautifully the camera still takes pictures but it looks like someone beat me to it! :)