An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Is it the football game or the stadium food?

This past Saturday Jonathan attended a University of Georgia football game with two of his school buddies. It was an all day adventure, and when he returned in the evening slightly sunburned and beaming, we all gathered to hear about it.

"Let's see," he began. "On the way there we ate the donuts and trail mix you gave us, and when we got there we ate the chicken wings Harrison's mom sent."

All this before even entering the stadium.

"Then, before we went to our seats I got a pretzel and a pack of Skittles," he said, thinking. "Oh, then they were also selling cotton candy so I got one of those, too.

We waited expectantly, knowing there was more to come.

"It got hot, so I bought a snow cone," he continued. "And on the way home we stopped at McDonald's and I got a cheeseburger and a coke. Don't worry, though, I didn't use all my money ... I have $5 left."

He left with $22 ... you do the math.

"And I assume that somewhere in there was a football game," interjected Papa, which had us all laughing.

"Oh, yeah. Georgia won," said Jonathan, grinning. "By the way, Mom, I think I'll skip dinner tonight. I'm just not very hungry."

Really. You think?

5 comments:

Tiziana said...

Ecco perchè i ragazzi sono così simpatici. Ieri Chiara è andata al cinema con popcorn, bibita, caramelle, chewing gum e tutto questo per un'ora e mezza e quando è tornata a casa aveva fame.
Jonathan, sei forte!!!!

GrandmaK said...

Yeah!!! That's the most important thing...by the way Georgia won! Jimmy and Kelly were at the game. She's a GA grad. He just loves the sport. Thank goodness there are no sports rivalry there. USI has no football team! ;) Have a grand day! Cathy

Lisa said...

This reminds me of Brian Regan's description of him in Little League... Have you heard that? You can find it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EekMZDPEZ40

PAOLA said...

Ecco cosa significa una giornata senza la mamma e il papà! LIBERTA'

Christopher said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Thats so funny.