An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, October 11, 2010

That's the Sound of My Baby, Working on a Chain Gang

This is Timothy. Here he is on the first day of school.



When he grows up, we THOUGHT he wanted to be a pilot ...



we THOUGHT he wanted to be a priest like Fr. Mark ...




we even THOUGHT he wanted to be this ...



INSTEAD, yesterday he pointed out the window and announced, "THAT'S what I want to be when I grow up."

And there, working along the highway, was a prison work crew picking up trash and pulling weeds.



Look, he's already practicing.



Heaven help me ... should I be worried???!!!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

So, you know. Your little guy and my little guy are kindred spirits. Gabriel wants to be a "dumpsta divah." (Not what it sounds like, though. He calls the trash guys who come to empty our dumpster dumpster divers... Crazy kid.)

Tiziana said...

Caro meraviglioso Timothy, l'unica cosa che ti auguro, è di riuscire a fare quello che veramente TU desideri e di rimanere sempre così caro e innocente come in questo momento. E anche se un giorno sarai un pochino "very bad cattivo" noi ti vorremo bene lo stesso.
Che belle foto!!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

He wants to make the world a more beautiful place. You should be proud, don't worry!

Soutenus said...

I think it is a great sign!
My cousin, Mark, insisted he wanted to be a trash man up until the time he was about 13 . . . . maybe by 8 or so he continued to say this just to see the look on my aunt's face!! LOL
Anyway -- Mark went to Duke on an academic scholarship and then continued on to Michigan and became an orthopedic surgeon.

GrandmaK said...

At least he's not afraid to get his hands dirty...I think he has an mind that keeps it's options open. Good for him!!! Wishing you a grand day!! Cathy

Amy Jo said...

My ten year old son insisted that working at the counter at the 7-11 is the best thing on earth! He swears that is what he wants to do with his life...I suspect that it has much more to do with the Slurpee machine than anything else! :)
I think that Timothy will be just fine!! So cute!

Christopher said...

You should be scared to death.