An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Taking Aim at the Christmas Tree

This year we are hosting a Christmas party and, in addition to our family room tree, we decided to put another one up in our dining room.

We bought brand new lights and everything. Nice ... isn't it?



EXCEPT, that half an hour after I had the tree fully decorated the lights on the top third of the tree started blinking on and off ... on and off ... then, off. Nothing. No more lights.

Take a look ...



My cousin Cory-from-Texas assured me that he could fix the lights with a hammer.

Now, he is a much gentler soul than I am ...

I was thinking more along the lines of a sawed-off shotgun.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You are too funny, Bia! I'm with ya on the shotgun thing! I've missed your blog!

melissa

GrandmaK said...

Drat!! Don't ya just hate it when your best made plans implode on themselves!!!?!!! It's a lovely tree even without the lights at top...maybe leave the lights off!?! Merry Christmas! Cathy

Tiziana said...

Troppo simpatico il tuo albero!! Mi piacerebbe veramente essere a casa tua in questo periodo per vedere le decorazioni della tua casa.

Laura said...

Everything you do seems to be lovely. Even with quirky lights this is a beautiful tree.