This is my first time participating in 7 Quick Takes Friday hosted by Conversion Diary, so please be gentle ...
Dancing through Life in my Dansko Clogs? Dansko featured it on their Web site.) Of course, I still have my tan, brown, purple, and leopard ones ... but I'm really going to miss my black Danskos.
2. One of my favorite things to do is read recipe books. When I go to a bookstore I immediately head to the cookbook section, and I will read and read. So, you can imagine how thrilled I was when my copy of The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook came in the mail today and (oh joy!) it has a colored photo for every single recipe. My weekend reading is set.
3. Speaking of eating, here is my favorite hummus recipe: blend 1 can of cannellini beans; 1/4 c. chopped roasted red peppers; 2 cloves of chopped garlic; 1/4c. olive oil; juice of one lemon; salt & pepper to taste. That's it.
4. I have noticed a new habit that, when faced with a chore such cleaning the boys' bathroom (hello? three boys sharing a bathroom?) or mopping the kitchen floor, I suddenly feel the need to call my sister and chat. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or some form of subconscious procrastination, but I've been calling her a lot lately.
5. I am always amazed when God answers a prayer about something I never even knew I needed until I received it. Wow.
6. The two older boys share a bedroom that is directly over the dining room. Whenever they get into a wrestling match upstairs, the chandelier downstairs rattles. It's rattling now, and I'm debating whether I should go upstairs and see what's going on, or wait until ...
7. For something to ponder over the weekend, read Fr. Charlie's post over at his blog, Catholic Insights. He describes the human experience in five words: formed, informed, deformed, reformed, transformed.