An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bathroom Humor in the Kitchen

I am cooking when I hear Timothy giggling.

I look up, and notice he is staring at these cute salt and pepper shakers I purchased in Sorrento, Italy two summers ago.

I know he's up to something, but darn if I can figure out what it is.

Then, one at a time, Timothy drags his brothers into the kitchen, points at the shakers and whispers something that has them laughing.

Now I know he's up to something.

And he is. It seems he is looking at the pepper shaker and, instead of pronouncing it pepe with two short e sounds, he was pronouncing it with two long e sounds.

Which he thought was terribly funny . . . as did his brothers.

Sigh.

Boys.

That's all I have to say.

6 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

I got this immediately, without having to read the words. Why? Could it be three older brothers? Could it be because I have 20 students this year, and 12 are boys?
I'm not sure, but I am indoctrinated when it comes to boy world.

tizianavesani said...

Sigh!! Boys!!
Timothy sei fantastico!!!!

PAOLA said...

Ho un ricordo! La mia meravigliosa nipotina che si era veramente divertita ( aveva circa l'età di Timothy...)quando le avevamo detto il nome della piazza più famosa di Verona: BRA ..............

Ua said...

Ha, ha! I got it, too, before reading the post. Bia, you're getting "slow" in your old age!!

Nonna said...

bellissimo e carino e simpatico

Christopher said...

HAHA! That's funny. At first I didn't understand it.