An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Good Day

Opening my kitchen cabinet this morning in order to grab an espresso cup, I stand back to admire the new shelf liners I replaced this past weekend.

And the sight of my lined shelves makes me happy.

Shallow, I know, but spring cleaning does this to me.

Really.

There's something exciting about emerging from the confines of winter and opening windows, cleaning out drawers and, yes, replacing shelf liners.

I grab my cup and make my espresso.

And that makes me happy, too.

8 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

I like taking things to Goodwill, there's a lightening my load feeling to it.

Funny, I haven't been shopping much the past year or so, but there's always plenty to purge...

I can't fall into "spring" yet. Up here with eleven days of Feb and all of March to go, we could still see much snow!

Ua said...

Blah, blah, blah. Sorry; I'm just jealous that you've had time to do spring cleaning already!

Bia said...

ha, Ua! just you wait baby sister until i see you this weekend ...

<3

Soutenus said...

The simple pleasures! I totally get it! LOL

Tiziana said...

Grande Maria!! Sai cogliere il lato bello delle cose anche quelle più noiose. Per noi non è ancora tempo di pulizie primaverili, però devo dire che quando esce il sole e fa più caldo, mi sento anch'io come una formichina alla quale viene voglia di lavorare dopo il riposo invernale. Speriamo che questa voglia mi venga anche quest'anno (eh! eh!).

Nonna said...

Sono la millie

Christopher said...

Nice.

Lisa said...

I'm in the middle of doing this, too, Bia! But, holy moley -- I have a bazillion cupboards. I'm only half-way through. So, I'm half-way satisfied and content. I both love and hate spring cleaning!