An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh What a Stupid I am

So, a few years ago I made a beautiful pillow. It was a rich golden color, with a red envelope flap and five buttons along the border.

Two weeks ago I decided that I was tired of the thing and donated it -- along with some other stuff -- to our local Goodwill store.

Then today, as I was exploring one of my favorite antique consignment stores, I spotted my pillow on a beautiful antique bench.

My pillow. Which I made. With a price tag of $25.

Sigh ... I was tempted, but I did not buy it back.


7 comments:

TIZIANAAVESANI said...

Non ci credo!! Che risate mi sono fatta!! Pensa che chi avrà la fortuna di comperarlo sicuramente penserà:" Che magnifico cuscino... per soli 25 dollari...chissà a chi sarà appartenuto...e chissà perchè avrà voluto venderlo per così poco...
Chissà in quale casa andrà a finire il tuo magnifico cuscino eh! eh!

PAOLA said...

Mamma mia! non so se rimarrei male o se sarei veramente orgogliosa di aver creato un capolavolo che acquista valore con il tempo!!
Hai fatto una foto?
bacioni

Damiano e Irene said...

We'll look out for your pillow in our Goodwill store ... if we'll find it we can give it to you ... for only 50 bucks!! Isn't it a good deal? :-)

Ua said...

Ha, ha, ha! That's a very resourceful idea: buy stuff for $1 at GoodWill and then turn around and sell it at a consignment store fot $25. AWESOME!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

I always hope that when I give something away that someone sees the worth in it or finds it valuable. You scored!

And, you're generous.

Lisa said...

Aw... you underestimated the value of your own artistry. Common mistake of the gifted and talented. I guess you could look at it as a pat on the back instead of an opportunity lost?

Christopher said...

That's a fail. Too bad you didn't sell it. :)