An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Color of my Soul

Terracotta is the color of clay, dirt, earth, soil. It's the color of a splendid sunset behind a row of cypress trees, of a sunrise skipping across cobblestone streets, of the walls of a farmhouse nestled in the hills.

It is the color of tile rooftops, of clay pots overflowing with red geraniums, of flower boxes in balconies and windows.





















Terracotta is the color of Italy ...
and it speaks to my soul.

----------------------------------------------------------


Un Abbraccio, week 4: The Color of My Soul

7 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

Beautiful, especially the last two, but truly, I loved them all!

tiziana said...

Ma come fai ad avere tutte queste belle idee!! Il tuo spirito รจ bello e libero. Grazie Maria!!

GrandmaK said...

Oh my! What lovely pictures! The flowers are just beautifu1! Have a grand day! Cathy

Lisa said...

Oh,WOW! Words and pictures: Gorgeous!

E said...

this is one of the great reasons to come here. I love your eye

Diane said...

Gorgeous pics! My daughter just got back last night from her honeymoon in Italy. They had an audience with the Pope and were to receive his newlywed blessing. I'm so excited for her because I lived in Spain for a year and traveled a lot in Italy. Thanks for posting this!

Bia said...

e: when you say "reasons to come here" ... does that mean you're there now???!!!!

diane: how wonderful for your daughter! my husband and i took our boys to rome for the first time last summer, and it was a wonderful trip. and btw, where were you in spain? i spent a summer there studying at la universidad de salamanca.