An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Early Morning Discombobulation

Last night I told my husband to wake me up before he left for work in the morning. I had a busy day ahead, and I wanted to be showered and dressed before I had to wake up the boys.

Around 5:45 a.m. he whispers in my ear.

"Wake up, I am your Sleeping Beauty."

I open one eye.

"Uhm, don't you mean you're my Prince Charming?" I ask.

It took him a minute to get it.

Then, as he was walking out the door I said, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight? Uhm, you do know it's morning, right?" he asks.

Right.

Do you think they serve cappuccinos in fairy tales?

2 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

It's nice when a couple is mutually discombobulated!

Ua said...

I know why he didn't call you Sleeping Beauty... I've seen you early in the morning! HAHAHAHAHA! - signed, your favorite Sister