1. My husband has to have outpatient surgery next Wednesday. Nothing serious, but he will have to take a week off work to recuperate. I'm looking forward to that week ... we have plans to watch ALL the Godfather movies.
2. Yes, our two oldest boys are teens and, yes, they still get Easter baskets. Do you have any good Easter basket ideas? I presented the question on facebook and received the following suggestions: patron saint medals; a catholic/christian t-shirt, ball cap, or cd (Casting Crowns, Third Day); gift cards (iTunes, movies, fast food); gum/candy; books about athletes (Michael Oher's book, I Beat the Odds) ...
How about you ... any ideas to share?
3. Two of my lifelong dreams are to run a quaint Bed & Breakfast, or to own a corner coffee shop. Not sure why I'm mentioning this other than the fact that on the way to Orlando last week I had an eight hour car drive to think about the different types of homemade muffins I would serve.
4. Speaking of vacations, I daydream too much.
5. Tonight I had two saucepans boiling on the stove: one w/ salted water for pasta, and one w/ plain water for iced tea. In my hurry, I dumped the pasta in the unsalted water and poured the salted water (to which I added sugar) in the iced tea pitcher. Bleck, ick, patooey.
6. Holy Week is coming up and I'm trying to plan some family activities to keep it ... well, holy. Some ideas: making a "Palm" Sunday family tree, decorating an Easter candle for Easter Sunday, having a silent Friday night (no television, speaking softly), and re-creating the meal of the Last Supper.
7. Easy summer salad: hearts of romaine, coarsely chopped (it has to be this type of lettuce since the consistency is important); juice of 1/2 lemon (or more to taste); drizzle of extra virgin olive oil; salt to taste; toss and serve. That's it ... a light salad that goes well with anything.
Now, go visit Jen at Conversion Diary; yesterday she did a post on makeup essentials. Who doesn't like makeup?