An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, April 29, 2011

7 quick takes: a boy who spits, a date, and an early bird

1. Lost front tooth. Don't get too close ... he spits.



2. Last week, just before they wheeled my husband into surgery, we heard a little girl tell the following joke as she was being wheeled into surgery: Q: Why did the chicken cross the playground? A: To get to the other slide. Maybe we were simply nervous, but for some reason we thought it was incredibly funny ...

3. This year the Easter Bunny brought the boys their own Cuponk games. They are a HUGE hit. HUGE. Ping Pong balls are flying everywhere ... bouncing off ceiling fans, down the stairs, and even on my forehead. That is one smart Bunny.

4. Did you give up sweets for Lent? Go here for thoughts on continuing along those lines ...

5. Because my husband has been housebound for over a week, tomorrow we are getting out: first the bookstore, then lunch at P.F. Chang's. Dates during the week are the best.

6. Today is my nephew's birthday. Christopher is my all-time favorite nephew because he reads my blog and thinks his Auntie Bia (that's me) is funny. He is also handsome, responsible, and smart. Buon Compleanno, Christopher!

7. In case you haven't noticed the time ... it's just after four in the morning. Yes, I got up to watch the Royal Wedding. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to make a cup of tea.

For more fun Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary. She has been hosting a series of guest posts on the Our Father, Word by Word.

5 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Happy Birthday to Christopher!

Kathleen@so much to say said...

I totally should have gotten up to watch the wedding. But we were up till 10:30 watching "The King's Speech." Oh well. Same family, different generation. :)

Jordana said...

Doesn't your boy look adorable!

I couldn't bring myself to give up sleep for the wedding. I prize sleep far too highly. But we did have tea and scones for breakfast.

tiziana said...

Che vita movimentata... comunque sei sempre rimasta un'inguaribile romantica!!!
Buon compleanno Christopher, Damiano e Irene mi hanno detto che sei davvero un bravissimo ragazzo e questo ti fa molto onore.
Un bacino al "very bad cattivo" meraviglioso Timothy.
PS: Anch'io e Chiara giochiamo a ping pong in sala.

Peggy (Soutenus) said...

Love the pic! What an absolute sweetie! :-)
It made me laugh and reminded me of what happened here the other day. My son took a few jogs out onto the court for his Friday night basketball game. He stopped mid stride, turned around, ran back to me, fingers in his mouth . . . .
"Here Mom! Would you hold this?"
He handed me his baby molar.
LOL